My name is Benjamin Reitzammer.
Currently I'm a Freelance CTO & Developer. Check out how to work with me.
Outside of work I spend most of my time with my family, the wonderfullest wife in the world and two awesome kids.
- You can follow me on Twitter (I'm @benjamin) to keep up with my more frequent updates.
- Check out my podcast cto.coffee, where I talk about the human side of technology and software development, with people.
- I enjoy making music with code and Sonic Pi is my tool of choice there at the moment. I even co-organize the Live Coding Frankfurt Meetup and run a small workshop at a local elementary school to share this joy with others.
- You can take a look at some talks I gave at various, mostly tech-related, conferences on my Speaking page.
- Ask me anything, seriously, anything
- I was once interviewed for the very nice Ohai Insecurity blog, and I shared parts of my story on how I evolved as a developer
- Also Tim interviewed me for his book Developer's Journey (direct link to podcast). In the interview we talk about what really matters to make your software development successful and how Clean Code can be sometimes harmful.
I like …
Especially people getting together to share & learn.
That's why, some (looong) time ago, I started a local Software Crafter community, kicked off the first Coderetreats in that area as an organizer and facilitator, and for the years 2014 and 2015 I was the main organizer of the SoCraTes Conference, together with lots of support from fellow Softwerkskammer-enthusiasts.
That I like people also makes my job as an Software Developer and occasional Manager so crazily enjoyable.
… My Family
I'm so very grateful to live in a world, where I can afford to spend lots of my time with my kids and my wife. They all make me a better and a very happy person.
And that's why a podcast, in where I chat with people about people in technology and software development, is aptly named cto.coffee.